“Real women eat chicken!” — Updates for the week of Jun 24
- Even though I just released the eighth chapter of Joining the League just yesterday, I’m already hard at work on the next installment. I figured I’d treat you to a little teaser. The first sentence:
If an aquakinetic takes you into his shower, you can expect either a good time or a closed casket funeral.
- The Chevalier series is coming along great. The first two stories are already in the hands, or on the hard-drive, of JM Snyder over at JMS Books. It’ll be a few months until they start rolling out, but I have every confidence in this series and no shit, I think those stories are incredibly fun. So keep your eyes peeled (what a gross expression) for more info on that front.
- Also if you were interested in picking up my story The God’s Spire on the cheap, grab it before July 1st while it’s still on sale. It got stellar reviews from my mom. You don’t want to contradict my mom, right?
- Expect the Ledger to get a bit of a facelift in the coming weeks. I’ve contracted two very different, very talented artists to design illustrations specifically for the banner so the fruit of their labor will appear very soon (hopefully) like magic.
- I’m working (slowly) on a new interactive erotic fiction game utilizing the fuck out of the Twine story engine (the same one with which Traveler was made) but this will be much more of a game with not only branching storylines, but a system of RPG-esque stats that affect your gameplay and unique characters that will follow you through the game and influence the flow of the story. The game is tentatively titled Sam the Shaman and here’s an extremely early prototype of the game’s cover image (drawn, painstakingly, by yours truly):
And here’s a little excerpt from some of the writing. It comes from a scene in which you can choose to check yourself (Sam, the titular shaman) out:
You’re a vain bastard, you know that?
So you look good in your boxer briefs. They’re a little tight around the legs, but that’s how you buy them, to show off those ridiculous thighs of yours. They’re white and the curve of them over your genitals is just a little obscene, but no one’s looking right? Just you and the hint of sweat that’s making the fabric cling that much closer to your skin.
All in all it’s an exciting time here full of new, interesting developments around every corner.